Give to Idlewild Through United Way/CFC

Many of us are STRONGLY urged by our employers to participate in United Way and Combined Federal Campaigns.  The time of year when those requests are made is fast approaching.  As you may know, you have the power to designate a particular charity to receive the contribution you make through United Way or the CFC if that charity has properly demonstrated its qualifications (tax-exempt status and proximity to the area). Idlewild Christian Endeavors, Inc. (the non-profit corporation that owns the camp) meets those requirements and has registered so that it can receive contributions earmarked by those participating in the United Way of South Hampton Roads and in the South Hampton Roads CFC.

If you give through the United Way, just write in the name "Idlewild Christian Endeavors, Inc." on your pledge card.

If you give through the CFC, there is a number you should write in, which is "33487".

Of course you may make contributions directly to Idlewild at any time, but some of you may want to kill two birds with one stone by helping Idlewild when you comply with requests from your employers to participate in United Way/CFC.